- When scheduling your surgery here, your physician will provide us with your insurance information.
- We will contact your insurance carrier to determine your benefits and to ensure that all prior authorization requirements are met. Based upon your insurance benefits, we will calculate the patient’s estimated share of cost. Patients are typically responsible to pay a deductible, a co-payment, or a coinsurance.
- We will contact you in advance to notify you of your financial responsibility. If you are unable to pay this amount on surgery day, we may be able to make payment arrangements for you, but this must be done in advance.
- Please bring in your insurance card and a photo ID to make copies for our records.
- We will collect your estimated share of cost when you arrive for surgery. We accept cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
- We only collect the patient’s estimated share of cost for the Center for Surgery of Encinitas facility fees. There maybe are other fees associated with your surgery. These will be billed to your insurance carrier separately and may or may not incur additional costs for you. The other fees are for service provided by your surgeon, anesthesiologist, radiologist and/or pathologist, if applicable. We recommend that you discuss this with your surgeon in advance if you have any questions about these additional expenses.
- If you have any financial concerns regarding your anesthesiologistís professional services, please contact Anesthesia Service Medical Group at 858-565-9666. ASMG participates in most health insurance plans.